Sonja Knippschild, MD, PhD
Dr. Knippschild focuses on tumor therapies as well as the diagnosis and therapy of bladder function disorders (overactive bladder, urinary incontinence). In 2012 she received the Werner Stähler Memorial Prize of the Southwest German Society for Urology for her scientific work on the treatment of the overactive bladder. Since October 2016, Ms. Knippschild has been supporting the team of the West German Prostate Center.
- Doctorate at Phillips-University of Marburg:
- "Changes in NGF and PGE2 in patients with overactive bladder after botulinum toxin therapy - biomarkers in OAB?".
- Intern at Dept. of Urology and Surgery, Emmental Regional Hospital, Switzerland
- Intern, Heilig-Geist-Krankenhaus, Cologne
- Intern, Dept. of Urology, University of Marburg
- Specialist in Urology, St. Josef Hospital Hamm
- Senior physician, Department of Urology, KLINIK am RING, Cologne, Germany
- Senior physician, West German Prostate Center, Cologne
Urological internships and research fellowships
- Regionalspital Emmental, Department of Urology and Surgery, Switzerland
- Bürgerspital Solothurn, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Surgery, Switzerland
- Kantonsspital Baden, Department of Urology, Switzerland
- Regionalspital Emmental, Department of Urology, Switzerland