Pedram Derakhshani, MD, PhD
Fellow of the European Board of Urology
Dr. Pedram Derakhshani has been involved - clinically and scientifically - in the treatment of prostate cancer with focus on minimal invasive treatments of prostate carcinoma since 1995. In addition to the permanent seed implantations performed by him since 1999, Dr. Derakshani has extensive clinical experience in surgical techniques, cryotherapy and HDR afterloading therapy. Dr. Derakhshani is a nationally and internationally renowned brachytherapy expert and has published numerous significant works in his field of expertise.
Medical Studies and Training
- Study of Medicine at the Albertus-Magnus-University of Cologne
- Doctoral dissertation topic: Post care and late complications in patients with urinary diversion – continent forms in comparison to the ileum-conduit
Research Stays Abroad
- Yale University, Department of Nephrology, St. Mary´s Hospital, Waterbury, USA
- Yale University, Department of Infectious Diseases, St. Marys Hospital, Waterbury, USA
Urological Clinical Experience and Research Stays
- Department of Radiooncology, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Clinic of Urology, General Hospital, Vienna
- Iotek Inc., Minneapolis, USA
- New York Prostate Institute, NY, USA
- Accredited Medical Specialist in the Field of Urology
- Resident Physician, Division of Surgery, Dreifaltigkeitskrankenhaus Wesseling
- Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz ician, Clinic of Urology, Johannes-Gutenberg-University Mainz
- Assistant Physician, Clinic and Polyclinic of Urology, University Hospital Cologne
- Urologist, Clinic and Polyclinic of Urology, University Hospital Cologne
- Fellow of European Board of Urology (F.E.B.U.).
- Founding of the West German Prostate Center at the Klinik am Ring
- Founding of the Department of Urology at the Kinik am Ring, Köln
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology (F.E.B.U.).
- Founding of the International Prostate Cancer Group