International Patients - westgerman prostata centrum
As one of Europe's leading centres, the West German Prostate Center offers the entire spectrum of diagnostics, therapy and aftercare for prostate diseases. An interdisciplinary team of urologists, radiotherapists and anaesthetists guarantees you medicine at the highest level. Our patients benefit from state-of-the-art medical technology and the experience and competence of our renowned doctors.
In addition to the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia using state-of-the-art laser and resection techniques, the treatment of prostate cancer with innovative modern radiotherapy techniques, known as brachytherapy, represents a special focus. Since the WPZ was founded in 2002, more than 7,500 treatments have already been performed in localized prostate cancer. With 500 to 600 brachytherapies per year, the West German Prostate Center is one of the leading implantation centers in Europe. As a founding member of the International Prostate Cancer Group (IPG), an association of experienced European and American specialists in the field of prostate cancer, our physicians are in constant scientific exchange with leading experts worldwide.
The West German Prostate Center enjoys an international reputation, which is followed by many foreign patients. Every year, numerous patients from Europe and overseas are treated. A special international service is available to meet the diverse needs of the patients and ensure a smooth process. There we coordinate all tasks before, during and after your therapy so that you and your families have a comfortable and stress-free stay in Cologne.
Our service for international patients:
- We organize and coordinate all preliminary medical examinations and medical education interviews. On request, we will accompany you to your medical treatment. We speak English, French, Dutch and Persian. If required, we can provide a translator.
- We support you in applying for a medical visa in cooperation with the German Embassy.
- We support you with travel arrangements (flight, hotel, etc.). Due to the high demand we have special conditions with different tour operators.
- Our patients' rooms are equipped with television with English-language TV channels, internet access, English newspapers and magazines.
- Prayer times and special food requests are taken into account.
- We will be happy to send you a cost estimate on request.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Service for International Patients
West German Prostate Center
Phone: +49 221 92424 470
Fax: +49 221 92424 460
We look forward to seeing you!